Kreepy Krauly’s Sunsmart 6
If you need further proof that humans evolved from fish try standing between a kid and a pool.
So it takes a quick-thinking parent to catch their slippery ones and get them sun ready before their first bombie.
The best approach to readying your youngsters for the pool is to get them before they race into the back yard and out of your clutches.
In the calm of their bedroom you’ll be able to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen (SPF30 or higher), get them into their rashies and find a hat that they feel comfortable in.
It also teaches an important life lesson for anyone living in our sun-drenched country. We should all be applying sunscreen before we step outdoors.
While getting burnt at the beach or swimming in a backyard pool is dangerous most damage is caused by our day-to-day exposure to the sun (just take a look at the spots on the back of your hands).
Top 6 ways of being sun smart this summer
- Use zinc or zinc-based sun screen for maximum protection
- Avoid the time of the day when rays are at their strongest (usually between 10am and 4pm).
- Cloudy days are even more dangerous than sunny days because you are lulled into a false sense of security.
- Don’t be a slave to fashion and cover up properly, even if the billowing linen tops don’t quite suit.
- Wear sunglasses with 100% UV protection.
- Wear a hat even if you are left with hat hair (a bad hair day is better than a badly burnt face).
Protecting your kids from the sun as well as looking after yourself takes time – time you shouldn’t be wasting cleaning your pool.
With Kreepy Krauly you simply plug it into your pool’s filtering system and it works around the clock, sucking up sand from the bottom, scooping up leaves and other debris and circulating the water to prevent the build-up of algae and calcium.