We recognise the importance of protecting your personal information such as your name, address, email address, contact details and credit payment details for any goods and services you purchase from us (“Personal Information”). We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
What Personal Information do we collect? In the course of your using of the website, we may collect your Personal Information.
We may also collect the following information for marketing purposes and to improve the functionality of the website:
- your server address;
- domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the pages viewed and information downloaded; and
- the type of browser used.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information using various means such as:
- directly from you e.g. through the website or application forms;
- from public domain e.g. your business website;
- from social media networks where we have a connection e.g. facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter;
- by your usage of the website e.g. the pages that you visit, what links you click
How do we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide goods to you
- to send information updates, marketing materials and newsletters to you
- we may disclose your Personal Information to other businesses who assist us in providing goods or who perform functions on our behalf
- to verify your identity and membership status
- to conduct credit checks (if necessary)
- to improve our goods and services, our website and directory
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
We will not intentionally reveal or release your personal information collected on the Licensed Application to any third party, except for purposes contemplated by your use of the website and to the following third parties:
- our agents or contractors;
- email marketing providers such as MailChimp;
- our related entities;
- our professional advisers.
When we disclose your Personal Information with a third party, we will require the third party to handle your Personal Information in accordance this policy.
We strive to ensure the security of your Personal Information and we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from:
- a) from misuse, interference and loss; and
- b) from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will implement and maintain security processes and technologies to reasonable industry standard to secure and maintain information collected and to restrict incorrect use of and unauthorised access to such information. We do not and cannot guarantee security of your information and will not be liable for any loss or dissemination of it.
Accuracy of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information held by us largely depends on the accuracy of the information that you supplied to us. If at any time you discover that any information concerning you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us to correct the information.
From time to time, we may send emails containing marketing materials or promotions of our goods to you. By your use of the website, you consent to us doing so. However, you may unsubscribe from these marketing materials at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe option or by sending an email to us. We will remove you from the mailing list.
Access to your Personal Information and Complaints
Your privacy is very important to us and we take the matter very seriously. If you have any concerns about your privacy or how your Personal Information is being handled, please contact us at the email address above.
We will take steps to address your concerns and we aim to provide you with a written response within 21 days. We will remove any of your personal information that we hold promptly upon request from you and provide you with access to your personal information when you reasonably require.